In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) 101 (Pregnancy Health Guru)

In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) 101 (Pregnancy Health Guru)



Views:284412|Rating:3.98|View Time:2:31Minutes|Likes:78|Dislikes:20
It’s expensive and invasive–but if you are trying to get pregnant, it often works. Here is the real deal with IVF. More Videos on Infertility:

only 5% of couples with infertility problems have in vitro fertilization but many of them are rewarded with a baby in vitro fertilization or IVF involves collecting eggs and sperm from a couple and joining them together outside the body the embryos are then injected into the woman's uterus IVF is comparatively expensive and invasive and is usually not a first resort for infertile couples however if other treatment methods have not resulted in pregnancy and your doctor decides that IVF is right for you here's what you can expect you may begin with daily injections of fertility hormones this will bolster your egg production the eggs must be retrieved just before they naturally emerge from the follicles in the ovaries you will then be tested by ultrasound and blood tests to determine if your eggs are ready for retrieval if the eggs are not taken out at the right time they will not develop properly when it's time for your egg removal procedure you will be at least mildly sedated your doctor will then use an ultrasound to locate the follicles and will remove the eggs with a hollow needle immediately following the retrieval your eggs will be mixed with your partner's sperm which he will have donated shortly before you will then go home to wait a few days for the fertilized eggs or embryos to reach a more advanced developmental stage in the laboratory when the embryos are ready you will return to your doctor to have one or more of them transferred to your uterus luckily injecting the fertilized embryos is less complex than harvesting your eggs your doctor will simply insert a catheter through your cervix and will inject the fertilized eggs into your uterus several hours later you will be discharged to wait and see if the pregnancy has successfully implanted to increase the chances of pregnancy your doctor may recommend injecting up to four embryos at once however this can result in multiple pregnancies which may increase the health risks to both you and your baby while age is a major factor in the success of IVF about 35% of women under 40 who have the procedure will deliver a baby

13 thoughts on “In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) 101 (Pregnancy Health Guru)

  1. LOL no joke! I'd hope he would donate his own sperm too. and I def agree with the whole women on here wear a lot of makeup and look like models. they even super impose women's faces on the mothers to make them look "better". wtf is up with that??? i think this channel is a bunch of hypocrite assbackwards people that just want subscribers.

  2. 35%???? them odds suck! So what do the other 65% of women deliver? That was sarcasm because the doctor made it seem that way…. but yeah IVF odds according to this guy are 35%? I want to see statistics, and maybe the next video that is made needs to have their sources added as to where they got their statistics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *