Halloween is just around the corner, so we’re sharing some spooktacular recipes for Halloween cocktails to get you in the spirit.
Whether you’re looking for something gruesome to delight the kids with, or a little tipple to take the edge off the long line of trick-or-treaters outside your door, we’ve got simple recipes you can whip up in moments. Unicorn blood, anyone?
For more Halloween inspiration visit:
FULL RECIPES BELOW
1 bunch green grapes
Edible eyes/chocolate chips
1. Rinse your grapes
2. Slide them onto your skewer until it’s filled up with grapes
3. With your frosting, place two small dots in place of the eyes and then stick two mini eyes or chocolate chips over the top. Eh, voila! Bugs…yum…
135g pack lime jelly
Apple or pear juice
Lychees in syrup
Jar of cherries
1. Make the jelly following pack instructions and chill until set. At the same time, combine the apple or pear juice with the lemonade in a large jug and chill in the fridge.
2. To make the eyeballs, drain the lychees and poke a hole in each cherry with one of the cocktail sticks. Put the cherry inside the lychee, then push the raisin into the hole you made in the cherry. Slide the eyeball onto a cocktail stick and set aside until serving.
3. When the jelly has set, use a whisk to gently break it up into small chunks (of snot). Spoon into the cocktail glasses and top up with the apple juice mixture. Put an eyeball into each glass before serving.
Icing sugar to taste
3 – 4 tbsp water, if needed to loosen up the mixture
1. Muddle the raspberries in a cocktail shaker (or puree if you prefer). Add a little water if necessar. OPTIONAL: Pass it through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
2. Mix in icing sugar, one tbsp at a time to sweeten it to your taste and chill in the fridge.
3. Add a double shot of vodka to the raspberry mix in the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
4. Pour into chilled martini glasses and add shimmer!
5. Optional – add some powdered dry ice. Serve Immediately with a stirrer.
WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
Milk of your choice (or you can substitute heavy cream or half and half, or do a mixture)
1 tsp vanilla extract
White chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or white chocolate chips)
Whipped cream or marshmallows for topping
1. Stir together milk, vanilla and chopped white chocolate in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the white hot chocolate comes to a simmer. (Don’t let it come to a boil.)
3. Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
Like this? Subscribe to the YouTube channel for more Mumsnet content. New videos every week:
Want to get involved? Join the Mumsnet Influencers’ network – just email us at [email protected]
Like Mumsnet on Facebook:
Follow Mumsnet on Twitter: @mumsnettowers
Follow Mumsnet on Instagram: @mumsnet
boo Halloween is rearing its head again which means that having a few drinks up your sleeve for both you and the kids is not a bad idea so we have a couple of spooky recipes to pop into a glass to get you started first up something super quick and easy for those oh god we've got to do something Halloween and we haven't thought about it at all because we're super disorganized moments you will need some grapes some icing toothpicks and something for the eyes you can pick these up in most supermarkets but something like a mini marshmallow a raisin a chocolate chip that would work fine as well you literally can take great skewer them just squeeze on a little bit of icing stick on your eyes perfect for a drink garnish for the kids you can turn their favorite juice into bug juice and for the grown-ups might I suggest something a little bit more chilled and alcoholic if you're feeling super fancy just freeze your skewers for about 20 minutes before you serve them and then they also double up as ice cubes eyeballs floating in snot mmm delicious if you've got nose-pickers in the family this one might not be for you but for everyone else you're going to need raisins cocktail cherries light cheese and a cocktail stick take your raisins stick it inside the cherry which you stick inside the light sheet and then secure it with your cocktail stick one bloodshot eye which very much resembles what mine looked like when I have my newborn you're then gonna want some lime jelly here's one I made earlier apple juice and pear juice mixed with lemonade just make it how you like the flavor we've done 50-50 but whatever floats your boat and a whisk and some glasses obviously so take your whisk start breaking up that jelly unum sounds like snot and scoop some into your glass then take your juice and lemonade mixture pour that over your jelly and then pop an eyeball in to float around that's definitely going to get the kids giggling on Halloween but if you are looking to get the adults giggling maybe add a splash of vodka as the nights get colder I start to remember that hot chocolate but this one has a little twist we're going to use white chocolate instead of brown and definitely a splash or something stronger at the end for the grown-ups you're going to need a pan of milk some white chocolate vanilla essence and a glass melt your white chocolate into the pan and a dash of your vanilla essence give it a good old stir make sure it's all mixed together and then grab your cup we've just stuck some simple crafting eyes on with icing just to give them an extra spooky feel and Cheers this one's perfect for the kids as it is but if you're looking to make something for the grown-ups add a splash of coffee liqueur and some vodka and you've got a spooky White Russian this one is for the adults only legend has it that unicorn blood tastes like raspberries it really does but before you go and rage or a local mythical blood bank let me give you an alternative because you can basically make it with raspberries a little bit of sugar and either vodka or gin grab a handful of fresh raspberries pop them in your shaker use the other end of your bar spoon to muddle add a teaspoon of sugar we've gone for icing sugar and some water to help loosen it all up just make sure it's all mixed in now it's time for the booze we've gone for vodka but you could just as easily do this with gin and if you want a double measure so that's two shots of 35 mils get your lit make sure it's on there good and proper and shake when you're ready to serve make sure you've got a nice chilled martini glass pour for the extra special touch we found some edible glitter in our local supermarket and just give it a bit of a spritz Cheers happy Halloween so there you have it our version have festive drinks this Halloween both the kids can get involved in and something for you to help the kids parties go a little bit quicker happy Halloween for more videos like this like and subscribe to mother's night it's trick-or-treat